Fire Deuce’s “Children of the Deuce” is out TOMORROW, but we’ve made the brand new 2016 song “Deliverance” available on YouTube for your listening pleasure. Be sure to pick up “Children of the Deuce” on white vinyl or digitally.
LA underground rock band Silver Snakes has teamed up with Noisey.com today to unleash a new song called “Red Wolf” from their upcoming album, Saboteur, that’s due out via Evil Ink Records (U.S.) and Pelagic Records (Europe) on February 5th. Album pre-orders are available now from Evil Ink Records (U.S.) and Pelagic Records (Europe).
Stream “Red Wolf” now at Noisey.com
“Red Wolf was one of the last songs written for the album,” says vocalist/guitarist Alex Estrada. “We had this 8 minute long sludge track that I was having trouble with lyrically so I decided to rework all of the music while keeping the focus on the unconventional tuning. Lyrically it was inspired by the mysticism of protection spells, One in particular called the ‘7 knots untying’ and how that would apply to political and environmental activists seeking to sabotage their enemies.”
Silver Snakes will join Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw and I The Mighty on tour in February in support of Saboteur. Tickets are onsale now here. Follow Silver Snakes and Evil Ink Records for additional updates.
Hot off their support tour with Coheed and Cambria, Fire Deuce will be re-releasing their 2005 album Children of the Deuce with Evil Ink Records. The album is set for 01.08.16, but the first 250 pre-orders will be signed and delivered by 12.25.15. Pre-order here.
- Children of The Deuce White 10″ Vinyl
- Album features a new song “Deliverance”
- Instant track “Children of The Deuce” will be sent via email at the time of purchase
- Full Album Digital Download will be sent on the album release date
On the heels of their recent album announcement, LA rock band Silver Snakes has debuted a new lyric video for their song “Raindance.” The band will release their third studio album, Saboteur, via Evil Ink Records (U.S.) and Pelagic Records (Europe) on February 5th.
“‘Raindance,’ is a pummeling rock song that fits nicely between the atmospheric post-hardcore of Title Fight/Superheaven and the sludge-rock of Baroness/Torche. It’s an absolute ripper.” – BrooklynVegan.com
Southern California’s rising underground alternative-rock band Silver Snakes will make their much anticipated return in 2016 with the release of their third studio album, Saboteur, via Evil Ink Records (U.S.) and Pelagic Records (Europe) on February 5th. Today, the band has teamed up with BrooklynVegan.com to debut their first new song, “Raindance,” unveiled the record’s artwork and track list and launched a pre-order for the album. Fans who pre-order the record will receive an instant download of “Raindance.”
Stream “Raindance” now at BrooklynVegan.com.
Pre-Order Saboteur here.
Following the success their sophomore record, Year of the Snake, Los Angeles’ Silver Snakes forges down a darker path with radical turns on their forthcoming record Saboteur. The band, comprised of Alex Estrada (vocals), Mike Trujillo (bass), Jeremiah Bignell (guitar) and Garrett Harney (drums), continues their evolution of sound by incorporating influences of ‘90’s industrial and elements of doom metal into their post-hardcore sound. The result is cathartic and innovative. Heavy, stabbing riffs crescendo into massive walls of guitars that give way to atmospheric and at times ethereal moments of calm that relay underlying messages of sabotage and deception.
“Saboteur is a record summed up by its title. It’s about sabotage, it’s about using direct action to accomplish a goal,” Estrada explains. “It can be applied to many situations: Personal, Political etc. It’s about having the passion to do absolutely whatever it takes to make a point even if it’s potentially harmful.”
Thematic elements of sabotage are felt throughout the record and relatable to listeners, including on their new song “Raindance,” which speaks to the manipulation in relationships.
“”Raindance” was one of the first songs written for the record,” Estrada says. “It’s the follow up track to a song we previously released called “Sundance” which was about being caught up in abusive relationships. “Raindance” is about taking the plunge into new endeavors only to have voices from the past show up to steer you elsewhere. It’s the balance between sides, The person being torn down and the voice of negativity all speaking at once.”
Silver Snakes’ impending release also marks the beginning of their relationship with Coheed and Cambria guitarist/singer Claudio Sanchez’s label Evil Ink Records, who recently signed the band and will distribute Saboteur.
“We are very grateful to be working with Evil Ink Records for the release of Saboteur,” Estrada says. “Being part of a label founded by a musician as hardworking and successful as Claudio Sanchez is very exciting for us. We’ve had full creative control over every aspect of this release and could not be happier with the support they have shown us along the way.”
Silver Snakes will join Coheed and Cambria and glassjaw on tour in February in support of Saboteur. Pre-order the album now and follow the band at https://www.facebook.com/yearofthesnakes for additional updates.
Saboteur Track List:
- Fire Cloud
- Red Wolf
- La Dominadora
- The Loss
Silver Snakes Tour Dates:
- Jan 11 – Los Angeles, CA – Silverlake Lounge
- Jan 18 – Los Angeles, CA – Silverlake Lounge
- Jan 25 – Los Angeles, CA – Silverlake Lounge
- Feb 1 – Los Angeles, CA – Silverlake Lounge
- Feb 22 – Boston, MA – House of Blues (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Feb 25 – Royal Oak, MI – Royal Oak Music Theater (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Feb 26 – Chicago, IL – Aragon Ballroom (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Feb 27 – St. Paul, MN – Myth Live Event Center (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Feb 29 – Columbus, OH – The LC Indoor Pavilion (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 1 – Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 2 – Washington, DC – Echostage (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 4 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 5 – Philadelphia, PA – The Fillmore (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 7 – Raleigh, NC – The Ritz (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 8 – Charlotte, NC – The Fillmore (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 10 – Miami, FL – The Fillmore (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 11 – Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 12 – St. Petersburg, FL – Jannus Live (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 14 – Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 15 – Nashville, TN – Marathon Music Works (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 17 – Houston, TX – Revention Music Center (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 19 – Dallas, TX – South Side Ballroom (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 21 – Tempe, AZ – The Marquee (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 22 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Palladium (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 23 – San Francisco, CA – The Masonic (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 25 – Las Vegas, NV – Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 26 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
- Mar 27 – Denver, CO – Fillmore Auditorium (w/Coheed and Cambria, glassjaw)
Thank You Scientist took some time off during the Juggernaut Tour to speak with Heavy Blog is Heavy. Check out the interview here.
Periphery has announced tour dates and support for their Juggernaut tour next year. Our very own Thank You Scientist will be supporting, along with Nothing More and WOVENWAR. Grab tickets at the links below:
- January 10 Carrboro, NC Cat’s Cradle TICKETS
- January 11 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore TICKETS
- January 12 Atlanta, GA Masquerade TICKETS
- January 13 Tampa, FL Orpheum TICKETS
- January 14 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution Live TICKETS
- January 16 New Orleans, LA House of Blues TICKETS
- January 17 Houston, TX House of Blues TICKETS
- January 18 Dallas, TX House of Blues TICKETS
- January 20 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theatre TICKETS
- January 21 Phoenix, AZ Club Red TICKETS
- January 22 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues TICKETS
- January 23 Anaheim, CA Yost Theater TICKETS
- January 26 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore TICKETS
- January 27 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater TICKETS
- January 28 Seattle, WA El Corazon TICKETS
- January 31 Denver, CO Summit Music Hall TICKETS
- February 2 Minneapolis, MN Varsity Theater TICKETS
- February 3 Chicago, IL House of Blues TICKETS
- February 4 Detroit, MI St. Andrew’s Hall TICKETS
- February 6 Toronto, ON Opera House TICKETS
- February 7 Montreal, QC Corona Theatre TICKETS
- February 8 Albany, NY Upstate Concert Hall TICKETS
- February 9 Rochester, NY Water Street Music Hall TICKETS
- February 11 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club TICKETS
- February 12 New York, NY Irving Plaza TICKETS
- February 13 Silver Spring, MD The Fillmore TICKETS
- February 14 Philadelphia, PA District N9ne TICKETS
Pre-order Thank You Scientist’s new album, “Maps of Non-Existent Places” (available 9/30) at VVinyl.com or in person at Vintage Vinyl and receive a wristband for their instore performance & signing on Tuesday, October 14th at 7pm. (While supplies last, wristbands are limited.) Each album purchased includes ONE wristband. Each person attending needs their own wristband in order to get into the signing. Wristband purchases are NON-RETURNABLE. Only a limited number of wristbands will be available, so order yours while supplies last!
“My Famed Disappearing Act” from the band’s latest album, Maps Of Non-Existent Places, available September 30th. Pre-order today.